Treats by Tressa
Amazing Grace Dessert
Amazing Grace Dessert is a family favorite. My mom made this for Easter every year. I still have the original sheet she wrote the recipe on in a frame! This dessert is as delicious as it is easy. You can use any flavor of pudding - I remember her using chocolate the most, but also butterscotch & pistachio too!
- 2 cups Crushed Graham Crackers or Nila Wafers
- 1/2 Cup Butter (melted)
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 16oz Cool Whip
- 2 Small Packs of Instant Pudding (any flavor)
- 2 1/2 Cups of Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter and mix it with the crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafers.
3. Press the mixture into bottom of 9x13 cake pan.
4. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
5. While that's in the oven - Mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
6. Fold the mixture into 8oz of cool whip. Then spread onto cooked crust.
7. Mix together the instant pudding (any flavor) & milk. Spread over cream cheese layer.
8. Top it all off with the remaining 8oz of cool whip.
One time for Christmas, I made this with chocolate pudding and added a little peppermint extract to the pudding….YUMMM!